Baramati Agro tender Chicken – 1/2 kg, Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp, Salt – As per taste.
Oil – 2 tbsp, Slice onion – 2 medium, Tomato chopped – 2 medium, Ginger & garlic paste – 2 tbsp, Coriander leaves- for garnishing.
Spices For Masala
Coconut grated – 1/4 cup, Dhaniya whole – 2 tbsp, Dry red chili (Byadgi) – 3to 4, Black pepper -whole 4, Nutmeg/Mace – 1/4 tsp, Cinnamon – 2 piece, Clove – 2 no, Poppy seeds – 1 tsp, Cardamom green & black – 3&1, Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp, Sesame seeds – 1no.
Cooking Method | 4-5 Minutes
1. Heat a pan on low flame and saute red chillies,Coriander seeds, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, pepper, and nutmeg until becomes golden.
2. Add grated coconut,jeera,sesame seeds and poppy seeds.Saute until all the ingredients turn to golden brown colour.
3. Set these aside and cool.
4. Meanwhile add oil to a pan and saute onions until it turns to golden.
5. Add chopped ginger garlic paste and saute without burning untill raw smell goes off. Set these aside to cool.
6. Meanwhile blend spices to a fine powder. Add onion and ginger garlic paste and blend it again. It will be slightly oily and lumpy but make sure the mixture is ground well.
7. Add this masala to the chicken and marinate.Set this aside for at least 45 mins to one hour.
8. Add oil to the same pan and add tomatoes. Sprinkle salt and saute until the tomatoes turn soft.
9. Add marinated chicken and saute well for 3 to 5 mins on medium heat.
10. Add salt to the chicken .
11. Pour water just enough to partially cover the chicken.
12. Mix well. Add coriander leaves. Regulate the flame to low and cook chicken until done.
13. Serve kolhapuri chicken with plain steamed rice or chapati, onion slice and lemon wedges.